Cohousing investors and securities law
From: Jim Swenson (swensoniangmail.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 13:36:11 -0800 (PST)
Can someone point me to the legal theory that allows contributions
from initial cohousing equity members to avoid state and federal
securities regulations?  I've done a lot of searching in the
cohousing-L archives and found precious little talk - probably for
good reason.  But, with the amount we are investing in our project, we
are not quite comfortable with the "just don't say anything - fly
under the radar" approach. I'd appreciate any thoughts either directly
to me or to the list.
Thanks.
Jim Swenson
PDX Commons Cohousing