Re: participation in decision making
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 08:03:20 -0800 (PST)
> I am wondering how existing communities deal with bringing in new people who
> can't possibly participate in decision making design of an already built
> community.  Isn't the important participation in the life of the community?

The design of the community facilities goes on and on and on. Trust me.
Needs change. Things fall apart. A building is never done.
Never worry about not enough decisions to be made--------Sharon

Like they said. More than 25 years in, we still have plenty to do. Budget
priorities, legalities, policy evolution as kids become teens, dealing with the
labor aspect as more members age out of hard physical work, planning meetings
and social life, maintenance and repairs, resales, orienting and integrating
new members, working on our skills at decision making. Never a dull moment!

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing
Port Townsend WA
where there are still harvestable vegetables in the garden