Re: participation in decision making
From: Emilie Parker (emilie.v.parkergmail.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 07:33:41 -0800 (PST)
I just joined the [C-L] yesterday.  So I'm new and open to  everything and
excited about being part of this list serve.  At Louisville Artists
Cohousing in Colorado we are just one year old. So mostly we've been
becoming legal, and getting an architect, property and developer, board of
directors, non-profit status, bylaws, etc.  We need to find someone in our
group who can begin an intentional effort to build how we live together in
our community.  People are asking for more of that.  So far we've moved
forward fast and avoided a lot of bumps and it'd be great if we can do some
stuff now that will avoid pain later.  We spend time regularly about every
couple of month or so going over our values and those are really well
respected by all of us and our new board is going to finalize them this
month.  Our whole group is meets monthly and I'd like someone to take up
the role of leading everyone in making those meetings more interactive and
connected.  I've read a lot of good stuff on cohousing.org about it, but we
have not done much except have a few fun events.  so far showing
affinity/respect/gratitude, and other good stuff goes a long way.  Our
decision making system is working okay so far -- I consult everyone, we
form a small group and formulate a plan and then get everyone's consent so
it's worked okay to keep us moving ahead, but we need to make a major
decision this month on property.  The new board will probably make the
decision. What's the best temple for us to follow to build the
relationships and good-feeling patterns of interaction.

Emilie Parker
Louisville Artists Cohousing (Synergy Arts Creative Community)
Louisville, Colorado
303-317-4558
www.meetup.com/artist-housing-community

Emilie Parker