|Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Mabel Liang (mabeltwomeeps.com)|
|Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 07:03:23 -0800 (PST)|
Hi Sharon, This makes no sense. We have people here at Cornerstone who keep on worrying about people blocking. We consensed a new decision-making process back in October of 2013, over a year ago, which got rid of blocking. Very condensed summary - there is a general meeting with a call for objections. Meeting(s) are held to attempt to resolve objections. At the next attempt to pass the proposal, if there are still objections, we can go to a 75% vote. What is this blocking? There are those of us who point out that our process no longer includes blocking, but others keep bringing up its specter. I'm reading "For others" to mean that you are providing an explanation to other people about conditions at Cornerstone. My household is probably one of this "entrenched small group". I don't suppose you _met_ any of these people while you were here? I think you got a very one-sided picture. I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you when you were at Cornerstone - my husband and I were in Chicago celebrating my father's 90th birthday. Otherwise we would have attended the conference. Thanks for listening. -- Mabel :-) mabel [at] twomeeps.com Mabel Liang Software Engineer turned Gardener On 2015-01-07 16:19, Sharon Villines wrote: (excerpt) > On Jan 5, 2015, at 6:38 PM, Carol Agate <carolagate [at] me.com> wrote: > >> What if it's always the same few people who block? > > I heard more about this problem when I was at the conference at Cornerstone. > For others, it is an entrenched small group that doesn't seem to participate > other than coming in at the end and objecting.
- Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060, (continued)
- Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060 Elizabeth Magill, January 5 2015
- Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060 Patricia Lautner, January 6 2015
- Consensus Decison-Making [was A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060 Sharon Villines, January 7 2015
- Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060 Sharon Villines, January 7 2015
- Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060 Mabel Liang, January 8 2015
- Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060 Carol Agate, January 8 2015
- Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060 Sharon Villines, January 8 2015
- Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060 Ken Winter, December 24 2014
- Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060 Sharon Villines, December 24 2014
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.