Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060
From: Mabel Liang (mabeltwomeeps.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 07:03:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi Sharon,

This makes no sense. We have people here at Cornerstone who keep on
worrying about people blocking. We consensed a new decision-making
process back in October of 2013, over a year ago, which got rid of
blocking. Very condensed summary - there is a general meeting with a
call for objections. Meeting(s) are held to attempt to resolve
objections. At the next attempt to pass the proposal, if there are still
objections, we can go to a 75% vote. What is this blocking? There are
those of us who point out that our process no longer includes blocking,
but others keep bringing up its specter.

I'm reading "For others" to mean that you are providing an explanation
to other people about conditions at Cornerstone.

My household is probably one of this "entrenched small group". I don't
suppose you _met_ any of these people while you were here? I think you
got a very one-sided picture. I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to meet
you when you were at Cornerstone - my husband and I were in Chicago
celebrating my father's 90th birthday. Otherwise we would have attended
the conference.

Thanks for listening.

-- Mabel :-)

mabel [at] twomeeps.com
Mabel Liang
Software Engineer turned Gardener

On 2015-01-07 16:19, Sharon Villines wrote: (excerpt)