Re: Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 132, Issue 4
From: Melanie Mindlin (sassettamind.net)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 13:01:20 -0800 (PST)
Hi Jim,

I am not an expert in this field but I have done quite a bit of investigation
in alternative financing.  My reading suggests that if you have less than 30
investors, in most places this is considered a private investment group not
subject to the kind of securities laws that apply to public offerings.  You may
be able to get more information from BALLE, the Business Alliance for Local
Living Economies and Michael Schuman, Local Dollars, Local Sense.

Good luck with your project,
Melanie Mindlin