Re: wifi in common house
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 09:48:44 -0800 (PST)
Hi Debbie!

We do have WiFi in our Common House and throughout the community.

We’ve had one password for the last 14+ years.

I don’t know how parents handle access to the open WiFi.

We don’t have any special insurance.

WiFI throughout the community is provided via access to individual WifFi set
ups in the homes.  For instance, “Ann’s WiFi” can be read by neighbors living
three or four houses down from me. Ditto other households.   Since we all have
the same password … no matter where I go in the community I can get a
connection.

Recently, the new IT point person has decided new  people signing up for WiFi
in their homes would have individual passwords.  That’s ok if I sign up for
their account in advance.   But it’s not great for guests — I’m not furnishing
15+ WiFi passwords to people.  I just tell them to use the WiFi in the CH or in
the Guest Room.