Re: Getting started guide / FAQ?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 06:35:42 -0800 (PST)
Hello Jean!

Congrats on beginning your group and your upcoming adventure!  You’re going to
love it!

Have you read Creating Cohousing by Kathryn McCamant and Charles Durrette?
That’s “The Bible.”  Read it cover to cover.

Have you checked out the CohoUS website?  Http://www.cohousing.org?  Lots of
good info there.

Check out the archives of this list serve — abundant material on organizing
your community.

Plan to attend the upcoming national conference in Durham, NC this May.   ALL
of you.  You’ll need a lot of bodies to cover the offerings at this conference.

Also read Chris ScottHasen’s Cohousing Handbook.  Cover to cover.  I’m sure all
these books are available either through the author’s website or via Barnes &
Noble or Amazon.

You may also wish to purchase a book and DVD produced by Mid Atlantic Cohousing
targeted to developers looking to build cohousing.  It’s called:  Developing
Sustainable  Neighborhoods for Today’s Housing Market.  Book and DVD:  $25.00
including S&H.  You can get this through me.  Here’s link to Youtube for an
overview of the DVD:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYD2sv8LmOE    The video
and book were originally written and filmed but Zev Paiss and Neshama Abrahams.
 The book was lated edited and updated by Sharon Villines.  All three are
contributors to this list serve.

One last word of advice:   start working w/ a cohousing professional as soon as
possible.  You will save time, money and a whole lot of stressful, sleepless
nights if you do so.  Right in MA you have one of the best professional
cohousing teams available:  Krauss-Fitch architects:
http://www.krausfitch.com/

Have fun, Jean!

And keep us apprised of your progress!

Best --