Re: Lot development walkability [was: Getting started ...
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 18:25:55 -0800 (PST)
Nationally, 2.0% of dwelling units are in foreclosure, and another 5.0% are in
serious, pre-foreclosure delinquency.  Florida, however, gets the prize:  A
whopping 6.4% of the Florida housing stock is in foreclosure.  So if I were
trying to make a profit in Florida by loaning money to homebuyers, I’d be
pretty conservative too.

Even so, as a shrewd competitor in the financial services market, I might take
an interest in what percentage of cohousing units are in foreclosure.  Home
purchase loans, after all, are about knowing your customer as well as your
community.

RPD