Re: Lot development walkability [was: Getting started ...
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 20:47:34 -0800 (PST)
> On Jan 17, 2015, at 9:25 PM, R Philip Dowds <rpdowds [at] comcast.net> wrote:
>

> Nationally, 2.0% of dwelling units are in foreclosure, and another 5.0% are
> in serious, pre-foreclosure delinquency.  Florida, however, gets the prize:
> A whopping 6.4% of the Florida housing stock is in foreclosure.  So if I were
> trying to make a profit in Florida by loaning money to homebuyers, I’d be
> pretty conservative too.

My example was from 15 years ago. No problems, no one bedrooms.

> Even so, as a shrewd competitor in the financial services market, I might
> take an interest in what percentage of cohousing units are in foreclosure.
> Home purchase loans, after all, are about knowing your customer as well as
> your community.

The banks don't seem to care about cohousing statistics, only general market
because there is no "cohousing market" that they can measure. When my unit has
been appraised the appraiser won't even go into the CH because since other
condos don't have it, it can't be taken into account in the comparables.

The only statistics that might get their attention would be those collected
professionally by the national association in collaboration with someone else
-- HUD or a major housing association or foundation?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Historic Takoma Park, Washington DC
Where all roads lead to Casablanca