Re: Handling donations
From: Tim Hunter (timhunter100gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 13:53:29 -0800 (PST)
> On Jan 19, 2015, at 6:49 PM, Jessie Kome <jehako [at] mac.com> wrote:
>
> I have lived in two cohousing neighborhoods that have discussed these issues
> and figured out different ways to tackle them. I think Eno Commons, also in
> Durham, did a neat job on their policy for cash donations to purchase things
> and to get projects done, and I hope an EC’er pops up to explain it.
> I hope this helps a little. Approaching these discussions as a way to learn
> about your neighbors’ feelings and thoughts about money is a great way to
> build and strengthen community. Really.

We are fortunate to have an ex-EC'er in our midst. Sue has shared a lot of her
experience and wisdom with us.

Also, we are relishing this discussion so far, partly (mostly?) because it
seems to be one that's fun to talk about and doesn't raise any bad feelings.
Good for us!

--
Tim Hunter
Durham Central Park Cohousing Community