Re: handling donations
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 10:34:55 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for your answer.  It illustrates the point I was trying to explore:
There is a delicate balance between avoiding bad or unpopular choices by
getting everyone’s input, and wearing everyone out by making everything — even
the tossing of junk — a laborious communal decision.  I imagine most cohos are
constantly seeking and adjusting for the best balance point — some, with more
success than others.

At Cornerstone, we are (in my view) tilted too far toward the “nothing happens
until everyone has discussed in full” mode.  Some of us are working to move the
pivot toward the other end of the scale.  I’ll let you know if we ever go too
far, and have the problem of Lone Rangers persistently throwing out valuable
junk.

RPD