Re: handling donations
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 07:10:14 -0800 (PST)
> On Jan 21, 2015, at 1:56 PM, Diana Carroll <dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:

> This year the Kids' Room team did a massive clean-out, because the sheer
> volume of toys in the room made it hard to keep clean

Normally, when we do clean outs, we put everything out and ask people if they
want something to stay, to put it back on the shelves. This has to be done at
least once a year for puzzles, books, movies, etc. All of them go out and a
conscious effort has to be made to keep them.

Are you going to work this puzzle in the next year? Will you watch this movie
in the next year on VHS? Which books do you think someone actually would use?
Cookbooks, for example, breed and most people seem to use their own. Travel
guides age, but some are still useful.

When I do this, I find a week with no activities for a few days that is clear
on the calendar and put them on the dining room tables. When the kitchen people
do this, it is usually on a Saturday workday so things may only be out a day or
two.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines