Re: Dealing with a realtor?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 06:49:39 -0800 (PST)
>  I could be overreacting but I am getting the sense that this realtor is
> going to try to "shelter" this person from unsupervised interaction with us
> until the deal is struck, which can't really happen cause I won't sell my
> house to someone that hasn't gotten to know us. It is feeling a bit like
> dating in ancient traditional cultures or something. It may not become an
> issue, they are one of 3 people coming next week to see my house ( the others
> are such more comfortable feeling interactions!) but does anyone have
> experience or ideas about how to assure a realtor that spending time with the
> perspective member without her hovering over us is not the same as trying to
> undermine her financial investment?

Trust your gut reaction. Realtors have their own context in which what is
required and proper is firm. Even a neighbor who is a realtor and knows us
well, has a set of expectations and professional requirements that are
different than ours. There are also a lot of people out there who think it is
clever to manipulate.

Tell her what is required and don't discuss it any further.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Sociocracy: A Deeper Democracy