Borrowing/lending system
From: Graham Meltzer (graham.meltzerfindhorn.org)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 03:39:45 -0800 (PST)
Dear all

This is my first post for years. Nice to be back.

I wonder which communities have formalised a system that enables members to
borrow household items (camping gear, kitchen appliances, gardening tools
etc). In the 90s when I was researching cohousing in the US I was
particularly struck by a system at Commons on the Alameda. They had listed
all of the items each unit was willing to lend and circulated the list to
everyone in the community. I imagine that these days, such a system would
be online. The obvious problem with such a system is that it advertises
every household's inventory of possessions to potential ne'er do wells. So
there would be concerns about security. I guess it could be made accessible
only to subscribing community members.

Any thoughts?

Love and blessings from Findhorn
Graham
______________________________________

Graham Meltzer

Conference Team
Findhorn Foundation
The Park, Findhorn,
Scotland IV36 3TZ

Office: 01309 691933
Mob: 07818823247

Co-convenor: Healthy Birth - Healthy Earth Conference, 2016
Blog about life in Findhorn: http://findhornblog.wordpress.com/
Author, see:
http://www.amazon.com/Graham-Meltzer/e/B00IV3A51M/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1