Re: Borrowing/lending system
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousingpartners.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:43:03 -0800 (PST)
Good to hear from you Graham.

Actually, I think the biggest issue with a list like that (i.e. Things I
have that you can borrow)is keeping it up to date. In our community
(Nevada City Cohousing), when you need just about anything (a lemon for
what you are cooking, a thermometer for a sick kid, an extra large cooler
for a camping trip, tent, bike, car, whatever...)you just send out an
email to the community. With a few hours you are pretty guaranteed to have
what you are looking for. We even have an iternal code for the email
subject line...."ISO" = "In search of....."  ISO lemon. ISO larger cooler.
ISO a car for Saturday afternoon.

My community has no interest in creating systems that require more ongoing
work for upkeep if we can find a simplier system.

Katie

--
Kathryn McCamant, President, Architect
CoHousing Partners, LLC