Development budget (broad strokes)
From: Peter Goldstein (peterhansgoldsteingmail.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 08:50:08 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,
Our group, Bay State Commons, is forming cohousing north of Boston,
currently seeking land. As appears to be more the rule than the exception,
we're looking at a chicken-and-the-egg problem. This time, it's with
respect to an estimate of our project budget.

For purposes of member assessments, and communication with the governments
of our target towns, we'll need a little more detail on project budget. But
a truly detailed budget (which would depend on plenty of unknowable
variables) would be a developer project, and we're far from decided on what
developer we'll work with.

Is anyone able to share a development project budget? I'll take all the
detail I can get -- timelines are of especial interest -- but all I really
need are top-level line items (construction, land, consultants, etc.). We
have a number of drafts, each with different assumptions, but an injection
of experience would be most welcome.

>From the maelstrom, with many thanks,
Peter Goldstein