Re: Development budget (broad strokes)
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 09:28:51 -0800 (PST)
> On Feb 5, 2015, at 11:50 AM, Peter Goldstein <peterhansgoldstein [at]
> gmail.com> wrote:

> For purposes of member assessments, and communication with the governments
> of our target towns, we'll need a little more detail on project budget. But
> a truly detailed budget (which would depend on plenty of unknowable
> variables) would be a developer project, and we're far from decided on what
> developer we'll work with.

There are several budgets in a publication put together by the Mid Atlantic
Cohousing association, The Developer's Guide to Cohousing.

Contact Ann Zabaldo at zabaldo [at] earthlink.net

On developers and budgets, advise from Gilda Iriarti who worked with cohousing
on budgets for many years your best source for a developer is to talk to banks
-- the person in charge of construction loans. They know who is trustworthy,
and who will bring the project in on time and within the budget.

As with all discussions with banks -- you are asking them to finance a condo --
not a weird place where people have to cook. Just discuss construction and land
unless they seem interested in cohousing. Don't try to sell something they are
unfamiliar with.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines