Re: [C-L] Common house design, rooms, and room sizes?
From: Peter Goldstein (peterhansgoldsteingmail.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 09:30:24 -0800 (PST)
Have you verified that you have input on the process of filling your
county-affordable units?

I assume you'd want equal interest and participation in the community from
people no matter what their income is. If your county is like ours, though,
their standard practice is to fill affordable units without any sort of
consultation with the rest of the development. In the case of cohousing,
that means there is no mechanism for affordable-qualifying members of the
development group to get preference for those units. It has also meant the
folks chosen are not only uninterested, but *unaware* that they're moving
into cohousing. Can cause problems down the road, especially if you place
requirements on members.

This is county by county and they'll most likely be reasonable, but make
sure they know that you either have the option to prefer your own folks or
the opportunity to let those chosen by the county know what they'd be
getting into.