Re: Governance & Income Inequality [ was Common house design, rooms, and room sizes?
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 07:38:26 -0800 (PST)
A technical question, and a political one:

Technical: When you say home price, you mean price at the date of first sale,
first occupancy?  Or, do you end up re-adjusting the ratios according to
current market activity?  (At Cornerstone, “share of community”, or "percent
interest”, is pegged to square footage, not to an artificially suppressed or
volatile market value …)

Political: Based on your experience …
     (1) What’s the typical ratio of cohousing dues to HOA dues?  1:2?  1:5?
What?
     (2) What kind of common expenses are NOT in the cohousing dues?  E.g., you
see cleaning the common house as “optional", but what about heating it?  Or
roofing it?  Or insuring it?  Is your community website optional?
     (3) What’s the typical distribution of voluntary payments?  Almost
everyone at 100%?  A few at 100%, with many others a little below?  Variable
from year to year?  What?

RPD