Re: Foreclosures and short sales
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 05:57:30 -0800 (PST)
1.  Right of first refusal almost always excludes foreclosures. Lenders
make sure of this before they write the mortgage -- they don't want
anything that interferes with their rights to foreclose.

2.  With or without the right of first refusal, it's certainly a
possibility for a community to pool funds to buy the home.  I bet most
communities don't have the means for that though.