Re: Governance & Income Inequality [ was Common house design, rooms, and room sizes?
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 14:51:21 -0800 (PST)
Technical answer: there is a document with "percentage interest" that
decides our HOA dues. It just happens to exactly match the percentage
pricing of the ORIGINAL sale price of the homes offered by the
developer. It is mostly square footage, but also how close to the
common house, whether affordable, and magic, as best I can tell.
Percentage interest isn't REALLY based on the price, it really went
the other way around. And many homes have sold for different prices on
the open market, this is not relevant to percentage interest.

Coho dues to HOA dues...well, not sure that is possible to answer!
Since a 4BR has $600 or so HOA and my small 3BR has $400 or so HOA and
2Br and 1BR lower, and "affordable" even lower... and the coho is
average $94. So different for everyone, eh?

Coho vs HOA bills...we reallly push as much as possible into coho. But
building reserve and repiars is HOA, out water system is HOA, our
waste system is HOA, snow plowing (we've had A LOT OF THAT) is HOA. Oh
and road maintenance is HOA. I can't' remember if the interior paths
are HOA or Coho....
But yes not-very optional items are coho. Which means its a sliding
scale fund that decides whether we leave the common house warm all the
time so it is welcoming or cold all the time so it is inexpensive.
Insurance? I don'[t actually know... but it is possible that that is
actually at the Sawyerhill level, covering our two different
communities? (We really are MUCH more complicated than I described!!!)

The coho dues look like the left side of a random events chart, with
the highest number at the middle and more and more folk as you
increase the payment. Then there are a few outlyers at the top, above
the average, more in close to the average. This year is the first year
we've SHARED that chart, it'll be itnerested to see if that changes
the pledges of the outlyers.

Liz