Re: Governance & Income Inequality
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 05:17:09 -0800 (PST)
Great questions.  I agree about distribution of knowledge, power, duty and
participation — but I also believe in a division of labor as exemplified by the
sociocratic model.  I think my community, and probably others, spends far too
time sitting in a big circle and arguing about trivial expenditures like $300
for a little free library.  And far too little time on the big picture issues
like membership standing of tenants, a marketing program, or why the arts and
crafts room gets so little use.

Our communal energy and good will pool is often drained by financial conflict.
Sadly, household income inequality sometimes appears to be one of the root
causes.

RPD