Re: Governance & Income Inequality [ was Common house design, rooms, and room sizes?
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 07:11:02 -0800 (PST)
Hee hee. Diana and I disagree often, but what is most important to
hear from this conversation is that Mosaic is just 6 years after move
in. (really 5 years 10 months or sometthing like that.)

My point is Mosaic is a baby, or rather toddler. What "works" for the
long haul is not discerned from our community, yet. You are hearing
instead what we are TRYING for the long haul.

It was certainly something we said in development that we would push
as many expenses toward coho dues as possible. As you can see after
move-in the discussion changes.
AND how we handle finances is a struggle regardless of income
inequality--for example Diana is quite frugal, careful, and forward
looking in a financially conservative way and I am not any of those
things. We are both in the market rate homes, so the "affordable"
homes are not what explain our money differences.

-Liz
Mosaic Commons in Berlin, MA