Preparing for electric cars on site
From: mburkel [at] juno.com (mburkeljuno.com)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 10:30:46 -0800 (PST)
Winslow Cohousing is beginning to recognize that electric cars are here and
have started working on a plan.  I see a 2010 cohousing-L posting that asked
many of our questions but received NO responses.  In case more communities have
looked at the issues since then, I'm restarting that thread.  Our shared
electric car died several years ago and hasn't been replaced but 2 members now
have electric cars on site and more are expected. From 2010:"I wonder what
Cohousing communities are doing to prepare for electric vehicles, owhich are
likely to become more common as the plug-in hybrids (Nissan Leaf and Chevy
Volt) become available. On this list there are a few references to individual
with electric cars, but not much in detail or in the last couple of years.
 Questions: Where will such cars be parked?How many spaces are you planning
for?Who will pay for the infrastructure (outlets, etc)?How will the electricity
used by paid for (metered or flat fee paid by the owner, or paid by the
community)?Are there objections in the community to supporting electric cars
(Examples: "Internal combustion vehicles are more eco-friendly." Or, "Electric
cars will be acceptable only after we put in the infrastructure to
capture/generate renewable energy ourselves.")? Marci
How Old Men Tighten Skin
63 Year Old Man Shares DIY Skin Tightening Method You Can Do From Home
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/54df9425930a51425177fst03vuc