Re: Punctuation
From: Jude Foster (foster.judegmail.com)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 07:31:54 -0800 (PST)
not to run this into the punctuation graveyard, but….
Richard,
You must have been reading a single post as an email, or at the website?
Because when you replied, the digest had not come through yet.

Sure enough, in the digest, which came through right after I started this, what
I see is this quoted line below (isn’t this true for everyone?)
The apostrophe and all but the last quotation mark were changed to question
marks.
An interesting phenomenon.  I use a thoroughly modern Mac.
I mentioned Ann Z because I saw the question marks in her posts a lot.  ’Tis a
mystery.

“….. Here?s a test for this note:  ?don?t!”

cheers with no punctuation marks
Jude (who loved Eats, Shoots & Leaves)