Re: Punctuation
From: Michael Barrett (mbarretttoast.net)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 08:01:48 -0800 (PST)
Somewhere in the menus of your email client (the software on your computer that
receives and
displays, and composes and sends your emails) is very likely a setting for
"Encoding." For most of
us Western hemisphere Windows-using emailers the more useful options are
Unicode UTF-7, Unicode
UTF-8, Western European (Windows) or Western European (ISO).  If both sender
and receiver are using
the same encoding the email received will most likely look like that sent.
With mismatched encoding
it likely won't.  With the 4 different encodings considered there are 16
possible combinations, 12
of which won't match and may look bad.
I don't know what encoding Macs use by default.  Unicode UTF-8 is one Mac
option.

Michael Barrett - at Shadowlake Village where the sun shining but the
temperature is 10°.