Re: Building with Equal Access & Preparing for electric cars on site
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 07:29:13 -0800 (PST)
I imagine for many communities, like ours, it is simply topologically
impossible to design for all spots in the parking lot to be equidistant to
the units.  The only way I can think of to do this, at least with our
townhouse setup, would be to provide parking AT each unit...which violates
on of those core cohousing principles of keeping cars on the outside, and
designing for pedestrian access inside.

I love how pedestrian friendly our community is, and would not sacrifice
that just so that everyone has to walk the same distance to their homes
from their cars.