Re: cohousing equal access - equal opportunity?
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 15:02:44 -0800 (PST)
And right there, that’s the problem:  The realtor (or the community, or the
deed, or the membership manual) should have been more clear about what does or
does not come with a unit.

At Cornerstone, my deed promised me an off-street parking space, but when I
moved in, I spent weeks trying to find out which one was mine — mostly so I
would not offend by parking in someone else’s space.  After quite a few months,
I finally learned that (a) the community had slightly fewer spaces than units,
and (b) they were basically all first come first serve.  OK by me, I’m not
fussy about parking, but I wish we had had access to membership materials that
describe how things are, really.

RPD