Re: The Future of Cohousing-L mailing list
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantCOHOUSING-SOLUTIONS.COM)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 15:56:25 -0800 (PST)
Dear Fred...good idea! Glad you are taking this initiative. The conference
will be a great place to continue the conversation.

But I did want to question your assumption that CoHousing-L needs to be a
separate entity from the CoHousing Association. Personally, I see the
Association as the key link that ties us all together...and the umbrella
by which all the volunteer efforts that make this a movement more than
just a bunch of individual projects. To me, it makes total sense that
Cohousing-L exist as part of the Association. In recent years, I suspect
that most people find you thru the association website. I think formally
combining your efforts with the Association would be one way to secure
Coho-L's long term existence...whatever happens to any one of us along
life's road. Each of us do more or less depending on what else is going on
in our lives, but so far, the Association has continued and offers a great
format to bring in new energy as us old timers grow weary, move on, or
eventually die off. I think the Association needs all of our support and
encouragement, and the more of our volunteer efforts are done under the
umbrella of the Association, the strong both the Association is as well as
the cohousing movement.

Just my 2 cents (without any discussion with anyone CohoUS). Feel free to
share my comments as you see fit.

In community and with the utmost respect for you ongoing contribution to
the national and international cohousing discussion,

Katie

--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions