Re: The Future of Cohousing-L mailing list
From: Catya Belfer (catyapobox.com)
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 08:32:08 -0800 (PST)
For what it's worth, some thoughts with different hats on.

Speaking personally and NOT as coho/us staff, I love this list as it is,
except for the public archives thing.  I shut my mouth about a lot of
things that I would say to THIS group, because I don't want them taken out
of context in a google search.

I would love to continue to see it managed by folks outside the
association, whoever they turn out to be.

As techie staff, but still not speaking for the organization, the part
where Fred owns the DNS for cohousing.org, and aliases for addresses like
webmaster [at] cohousing.org works just fine as it is because Fred is great to
work with.  It's important to me either that it remain smooth working with
someone new, OR that Coho/US take over that piece of it.  Not the list, but
the domain, working with the ISP (paying the bill), etc.

Sharon, I'd love to hear from you about what good websites put up by the
association went down in flames, since as far as I know I've done the only
association websites for, um, years.  10? many, anyway. From my point of
view the last website outlived it's useful lifespan by rather a lot, but
that's not really flames.  Calcification, perhaps.

     - cat

Catya Belfer   -  www.catya.org
Cohousing in MA - www.mosaic-commons.org