Orienting New Members to the Values
From: RJ Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 04:44:22 -0800 (PST)
Hi, Emilie,

While we have a vision statement,  it is on the broad-based side.

What we have done well that might be worth considering,  is shifting how we
develop proposals/agreements.  It helps to keep in mind that some of us are
meeting hardy,  some find meetings more difficult.
We seen that having everyone sit around to hammer out a concept, or the wording
on something is both satisfying and can take a lot out of some people.  Folks
can be great neighbors,  and also not want to spend much time in meetings.   A
smaller group can often work something thru just fine,  hammer out a Proposal.

We have --rather organically-- shifted to have more done in Task
Force/Committees,  and then brought to the whole group as Proposals.   We have
in fact amazingly,  decreased the number of full community meetings as our
Committees and Task Force groups are more and more effective.  This is amazing
as we have grown in number of households-- and then eventually, decreased
frequency of meetings.
And yes, sometimes a Proposal is brought forth and the entire group will
re-work it.   that can happen.  More often,  we are grateful that a group of
folks interested in the specific area has hammered something out.

Congratulations, on finding property,  and making sure you have fun together,
Ruth Hirsch
Cantines Island, Saugerties