Re: Paying Teenagers
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 07:19:28 -0800 (PST)
> On Mar 1, 2015, at 9:34 AM, Jessie Kome <jehako [at] me.com> wrote:
>

> What advantage does anyone see to making policy in this area?

"Policy" means different things to different people so I would say that I would
like to have an understanding of how paying children as community residents is
different from paying adults or whatever. Perhaps it isn't. And what effect
that has on their feeling like members of the community.

And even more, I find that I don't offer to engage if I don't have a sense of
what is expected. How much do I pay? Do I ask the parents first or the kids?
How much do I offer? I'm more likely to engage if a the two teenaged boys say,
"$5 to clean the snow off your car" rather than "we are earning money for
iPhones and are available to clean off your car."

It's the sense of things, not a policy question.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC