Re: Seeking sample condominium docs (Declaration, Bylaws, Rules and Regs)
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 06:05:19 -0800 (PST)
Not sure I agree with this.  At Cornerstone, our State-mandated Managing Board,
on advice of attorney, now reviews and approves all decisions made by consent
at general meeting.  But … *obligate* them to *rubber-stamp* these decisions?
This deprives the Board of its State-mandated autonomy, due diligence, and
fiduciary duty.  I’m not convinced this is in fact legal, because in using
consent, the Association is not making decisions pursuant to a State-endorsed
process.

In practical consequence, none of this makes much difference.  At least, not
until some disgruntled member decides to litigate a decision — which, at
Cornerstone as at most cohos, strikes me as very unlikely.  Even so, I would
not go on record, in writing, with a procedural requirement that’s inconsistent
with State law.

RPD