Re: Seeking sample condominium docs (Declaration, Bylaws, Rules and Regs)
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 06:50:00 -0800 (PST)
Be sure to get professional advice from someone who works in or with the
mortgage industry on what language will be acceptable to potential lenders.
The last thing you want is for no one in your community to be able to get a
mortgage or refi because of something wacky in your docs.

Av example of the kind of things lenders want to see: limitations on how
much back condo fees they will be responsible for if they foreclose; and
exception for foreclosures in any "right of first refusal" type clauses;
requirements for liability and malfeasance insurance.  There are niggly
details where the legal rules vary from state to state, but the lender
requirements don't.  Banks change their requirements faster than states
change their laws.  If you start from boilerplate language, whether
specific to your state or from other community's docs, make sure someone
knowledgable reviews them for bank friendliness!