Re: Associate Members in CoHousing
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 10:03:46 -0800 (PST)
We had invented a category called Adjunct Member, for a family of ours that
moved across the street and we still wanted them as Members. However, we
eventually found that our State laws about Homeowners' Associations required
"members" to live on the joint property. We then found we could legally
"license" rights and obligations, including all the rights of Members, via the
creation of a category of Licensed Associate. Legal hoops, but now we have what
we intended, in a framework that holds up to any challenges.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA
where it's chilly enough for a sweater, but sunny spring is in full bloom
wherever you look