Alternative to Cohousing
From: Maggie Dutton (maggieduttongmail.com)
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 11:51:00 -0800 (PST)
Back in 1996 I fell in love with cohousing as an ideal way to have
community close to home.  My first introduction was to Prairie Sky in
Calgary but that did not work out for me.  In 2000 I got married again to a
great guy who also loves sharing housing. Since Art is American it would be
almost 2 years before he could legally work in Canada and we needed to find
a way to live inexpensively.  We started our lives together by renting a 6
bedroom house in Calgary and finding 5 compatible roommates.  That year our
housing cost us a total of $167.00 (Cdn)

Since then we have had over 200 roommates and have now published a book of
advice, tips and stories gleaned from our experiences.

Titled:  LIVE for Almost FREE

It is now available on Amazon as a paperback or Kindle.  It can even be
rented.

If you can’t quite pull off being part of a Cohousing community we find
sharing a big house a wonderful alternative.

This link will take you to our book.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00HGYIC5I/ref=s9_simh_gw_p351_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=130GYEH3D8Q6V99S7G1X&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1687860322&pf_rd_i=915398

This year we have become involved as core group members of Aldermuir
Cohousing on Vancouver Island and hope that our long-time dream of living
in a Cohousing community will become a reality by 2016.

Maggie Dutton.

www.Aldermuir.ca <http://www.aldermuir.ca/>