Socioeconomic Diversity in Cohousing
From: Alice Alexander (alicecohousgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 07:31:13 -0700 (PDT)
I'm looking for experiences and advice on socioeconomic diversity in
cohousing - towards preparing for a panel discussion:

"Perspectives on Cohousing & Ecovillages: Building Diversity in Intentional
Community"  at the University of North Carolina's Center for Urban &
Regional Studies (Friday March 27th).

I queried the host for more details, and he offered:
In terms of the diversity question, I’d like to frame the discussion around
socioeconomic diversity. I’m curious how socioeconomic diversity
complicates the ongoing financial management of ecovillages and cohousing
communities. How do cohousing communities seek diversity and if achieved,
what are the standards/definitions?  What advice would you have for
creating a diverse community?  Are there shining examples out there of
cohousing communities that are socioeconomically diverse? How did they
achieve/sustain that diversity?

Many thanks for your ideas on how to approach this complex issue.
--
Alice Alexander
Executive Director