Home for sale at Belfast Cohousing & Ecovillage (Maine)
From: Nessa Dertnig (nessamainecohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 14:52:08 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,
We have a beautiful and snug 4-bedroom/2-bathroom, 1750 square-foot duplex for
sale in lovely Belfast, Maine.
Check out 51VillageRoad.com for lots of photos and more information.
Newly built Belfast Cohousing & Ecovillage has 36 clustered units on 42 acres,
an on-site CSA vegetable farm, various flocks of chickens, and many family
garden plots.  Our passivhaus-standard solar houses are super insulated and
built by the nationally acclaimed design/build firm GO Logic.  One-third of our
households are families with young kids (14 kids ranging in age from 5 months
to 14 years).  It is located two miles outside the lively and vibrant Midcoast
Maine town of Belfast - 25 minutes from Camden, an hour from Augusta and
Bangor, 1.5 hours from Acadia National Park, two hours from Portland, and four
hours from Boston.
A few features of this beautifully customized and highly adaptable home:- one
bedroom downstairs, three bedrooms upstairs- downstairs bathroom has a
barrier-free shower
- optional one-car garage with storage space above is just off the backyard
- exclusively zero- and low-VOC finishes throughout the house- custom
maple/soapstone kitchen- tiled bathrooms- 4.3 kW rooftop solar array- currently
we are using it as a single family house, but two entrances and a lower level
bed/bath make it possible to easily adapt it to a two living-space arrangement
(for ageing parents, renters, visitors, in-home business, etc.).
Check out mainecohousing.org for more info about our neighborhood.  For more
detailed questions, don't hestitate to get in touch with me at 207-505-2666 or
VillageRoad51 [at] yahoo.com.  Asking price is $410,000 (or $433,500 with the
garage).
All the best, Nessa