Retrofit cohousing list / at conference
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 16:19:41 -0700 (PDT)
Kevin Wolf and I will be doing a workshop at the May conference about
retrofit cohousing which has been discussed here many times over the
years. (NOTE: by "retrofit cohousing" we mean existing housing that is
evolving so residents relate like in cohousing - NOT reconstruction of
a building to form cohousing.)

In preparation I am trying to put together a list of retrofit cohousing
communities.  (Unforunately not all are listed in the directory or are
not listed as "retrofitting".  Below is my current list of existing
communities including some that resemble or incorporate some retrofit
cohousing.  Do you know of others?

(This list is from http://mn.cohousing.org/retrofit/ which also includes
communities I think are defunct and details including whether
they were listed in the directory at 5 points since 1997. It also has links
to info about communities not in directory.)

5-plex at Halcyon Commons   CA Berkeley       **
Kingfisher on Brookdale     CA Oakland
Los Angeles Eco-Village     CA Los Angeles
Mariposa Grove              CA Oakland
N Street Cohousing          CA Davis
New Brighton Cohousing      CA Aptos
Renaissance Village Homes   CA Sacramento
San Francisco Backyard ...  CA San Francisco
San Mateo Ecovillage        CA San Mateo
Temescal Creek Cohousing    CA Oakland
Triple Point Cohousing      CA Oakland
Mayfair village of Denver   CO Denver
Green Acres Nbhd Ecovillage IN Bloomington
Genesee Gardens Cohousing   MI Lansing
Homewood Cohousing          MN Minneapolis    **
Dorothy Day Cohousing       MO St. Louis      **
Terra Firma Drummond Coho   ON Ottawa
Kailash Ecovillage          OR Portland
On Going Concerns           OR Portland
Arboretum Cohousing         WI Madison        **

Fred