Re: Request from TLC for someone to be on their show about Cohousing and communal living
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 18:47:09 -0700 (PDT)
I should note that as part of the listed contact team for more than one
community, I can confirm that she spammed (at least portions of) the entire
list of cohousing communities.

This is something I believe we should strongly discourage; for people who
legitimately have a need to contact more than a handful of communities,
work with the association, there are ways for them to do so appropriately
and in relationship/partnership with the national organizations.

In particular, given her interest in multiple people sharing one home, she
probably would have been much better served by reaching out via The
Cohouseholding Project and Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC) and
regional groups - 99% of cohousing neighborhoods don't have what she's
seeking.

Raines Cohen, Cohousing Coach and Cohousing California regional organizer
on my way home from a wonderful common dinner at Quayside Village cohousing
in Vancouver,BC last night