Re: Retrofit cohousing list / at conference
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 06:25:51 -0700 (PDT)
I'm still looking for more suggestions about retrofit cohousing
communities. Thanks for the suggestions I have received. I've
incorporated them as well as other details in the list in an improved
format with links to details for most communities at ic.org.

The revised list is accessable via:
http://mn.cohousing.org/retrofit/

Anyone know of others?  Outside the US?

We are still pondering the retrofit terminology ... again.
Here is my current thinking that would cover most approaches
tho there are plenty that are various hybrids of these:

type        subtype                            example
retrofit    over time in existing housing      N Street Cohousing
retrofit    at once   in existing housing      San Mateo Ecovillage
retrofit    of a non-housing structure         Swans Market

    (Note that   we could add: )
New built   at once                            most US communities
New built   over time (Lot Development model)  Sharingwood

Also note that the current Status (without retrofitting) would still
be relevant to the above (forming... completed)

For the workshop we are mostly interested in
retrofit    over time in existing housing  like N Street Cohousing

Fred