Benefits of cohousing for Diane Margolis
From: Carolyn Dyer (cdyer1621gmail.com)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 12:53:28 -0700 (PDT)
*The Blue Zones* movement and book by Mark Buettner emphasizes the
importance of community and connectedness to long and happy lives.
The book documents a study originally supported by National Geographic to
identify the characteristics of communities around the world where people
live longest and happiest. Many of the strategies and practices identified
either describe cohousing communities or are ones cohousing communities
could commit to to provide benefits of cohousing. Unfortuantely I don't
have time at present to point to specifics, but I encourage those
interested to explore.
Iowa City and the state of Iowa are working to becoming Blue Zone places.
Carolyn Dyer
Board of Managers
Iowa City Cohousing
developer of Prairie Hill Cohousing