Senior Cohousing LIst
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 03:01:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all —

This has been quite an exercise!  Thanks to everyone who responded to my
queries for contact info. It’s quite a list!  Senior Cohousing is kicking butt!

I am surprised that several communities did not respond at all. I pulled the
info for those communities from the Cohousing Directory.  In doing this, I was
further surprised to see that some communities had no contact information other
than a website and an email w/ the address:  info@_______.

Unsolicited Advice:  In my years of marketing and outreach for cohousing I’ve
found that making it easy for people to find out about the project and/or to
find me (if I’m the contact person)  is one of the most important tools out
there.  Name, address, phone number(s), email, website.  Also to make it
personal.  Cohousing is a very personal choice.  The more you can put names and
faces w/ your project the friendlier you seem and the easier you make it for
people to make that important contact w/ you.  Many, many years ago, Zev Paiss
once said about marketing:  “Your neighbors are out there looking for you.”  In
other words — people are searching — make it easy for them to find you.  Ok.
End of Unsolicited Advice.  Now off soapbox.

Here’s the list.  If you have any corrections, additions, suggestions, etc.
please get that to me by noon EDST.  The list is going to the reporter today.
The list lost formatting when copied into this list serve.  Rich text
formatting doesn’t work here.

Again … thanks to everyone who helped in the creation of this list.  Many folks
not only sent info about their project but contact info for other communities.
So very cohousing-like to go above and beyond!  Bow-bow, kiss-kiss!

See you in Durham!

EXISTING COMMUNITIES

ElderSpirit - Abingdon VA

Dene Peterson
denepete [at] xtn.net
(276) 492-6909
www.elderspirit.net
———

Glacier Circle - Davis CA
An existing community but declines inquiries.
———

Sand River Cohousing - Santa Fe NM

Pam Gilchrist
pamgilchrist1 [at] gmail.com
Shari Hirst
sharihirst13 [at] gmail.com
505-473-1059 (office)
Sand River Co-housing
3466 Cerrillos Road
Santa Fe, NM 87507
(Willow Murphy sent info)
———

Silver Sage - Boulder CO
Senior “focused” —no age restriction

Jim Leach
303-449-3232
jim [at] whdc.com
http://www.silversagevillage.com/
———

Oakcreek Community - Stillwater OK

Pat Darlington:
405 880-3703
patdarlington [at] yahoo.com

Kay Stewart
405 747-5913
kay.stewart [at] suddenlink.net

http://www.stillwaterseniorcohousing.com
———

Wolf Creek Lodge  - Grass Valley CA
Senior “focused” - no age restriction

Bob Miller,
bob [at] sierramiller.com
530-205-5047
www.wolfcreeklodge.com
———

COMMUNITIES IN PROCESS

Elderberry - Rougemont NC

Mary Bennett
336-364-4173
mbkbennett [at] gmail.com
http://www.elderberrycohousing.com
———

Elder Commons — Chapel Hill, NC

Tom Keys
safetkey [at] gmail.com

Nancy Francis
nfrancisnc [at] yahoo.com
http://www.eldercommons.com
———
Mountain View- Mountain View, CA
Senior “focused” - no age restriction

650-479-6822
info [at] mountainviewcohousing.org
http://MountainViewCohousing.org
———
PDX Commons - Portland OR

Jim Swenson
503-740-2179
jim [at] nmmagic.com
PDX Commons Cohousing
www.pdxcommons.com
facebook.com/pdxcommons

Lew Bowers
Bowers & Bowers Development LLC
503-396-0316
lewbowers155 [at] gmail.com
———
Placitas Sage Cohousing - Placitas NM

Joyce Thompson
505-697-8649
www.PlacitasSage.org
sage [at] placitassage.org
———
Phoenix Commons - Oakland CA

Cheryl Champ
Denise Marshall
510-217-8527
info [at] phoenixcommons.com
http://www.phoenixcommons.com/
———
Pinnacle Cohousing at Loch Lyme Lodge - Lyme, NH
Senior “focused.”

Liz Ryan Cole
Home 802.785.4124
Work 802.831.1240
lizryancole [at] me.com
———
Quimper Village - Port Townsend, WA

office [at] quimpervillage.com
http://www.quimpervillage.com
———
Shepherds Village - Shepherdstown WV

Charlotte Baker-Shenk
bakershenk [at] aol.com
Prefers email
———
Valverde Commons - Taos, New Mexico

Bob Draper
rmdraper [at] laplaza.org
cell phone 575-770-0208

Stephen Rose
rosemetta [at] gmail.com
cell phone 575-770-1562
home 575-758-1290

Carolyn Schlam
valverdecommons [at] aol.com or
carolynschlam [at] aol.com
home 575-751-3751
cell phone 575-779-6758
———
Village Hearth Cohousing - Durham, NC
LGBT

Pat McAulay
561-714-8816
lgbtcohousing [at] gmail.com
http://www.meetup.com/Durham-Village-Hearth-Cohousing/
———
Walnut Commons - Santa Cruz, CA
———
Chattanooga Collaborative Senior Housing - Chattanooga TN
No info available.
———

Best --

Ann Zabaldo