Re: Movies or short videos about cohousing (Malin Hansen)
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 08:25:41 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon – I'm not blaming anybody.  I know how hard this is. Remember I was on
the marketing team for two cohousing communities in a predominately nonwhite
city. And it was still hard.  I think more of what it says is that we just tend
to see The world as ourselves. This is not "bad" – it's just a condition of
being human. And we have to stretch ourselves beyond our myopia. That's what
I'm promoting here.

And if you think that ADA compliance is now the norm oh boy I could write a
book. The number of  new cohousing communities that I hear about that are not
visitable or accessible except for the one or two homes owned by the disabled
person is extraordinary.   How many times have we seen on this list emails from
communities trying to get around installing elevators in their  multistory
common house?

We have a lot of growing to do.

Sent from my iPhone