Re: guidelines for use of common house
From: Emilie Parker (emilie.v.parkergmail.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 06:13:23 -0700 (PDT)
I am really interested in this too Judith.  Our common house is not built
yet but at the pottery art co-op I belong to we have a lot of similar
questions coming up for use of the space by members.  When people want to
give a class or workshop that might encroach on other members use of the
space how do we handle it?  We've kind of hammered it out.

I'd love to have a template policy for cohousing to start with about how we
use the common house -- and how to manage activities where the public is
invited so the community feels good about it.  That would be nice to have
before move in so we don't have to spend time later on stuff like liability
and what are approved uses and how to get approvals and trial and error.
I'm going to follow this discussion and print it out.

At the pottery co-op I mentioned our simple policy is that the art
workshops given there have to have 2 or 3 spots open to be free to co-op
members.  The date and use has to be okayed at a members meeting.  25% of
sales go to the co-op.

In the next year while we are building our cohousing group we might enjoy
working on policies like this.  I was talking with Annie Russell yesterday
about how to make get togethers fun.  I wonder if that could be fun?

-----------------
​Louisville Artists Cohousing
Louisville Colorado
​
Emilie Parker
emilie.v.parker [at] gmail.com
303-317-4558 main
240-350-8533 cell

*CAN ART SOLVE SOCIETY'S ILLS?*
*Art, be it poetry, music, sculpture, puppetry -- the whole if it, inspires
change on a personal level rather than a global one.  This is important
because the individual is the whole.  The creation of art argues that
people are connected, ideas are connected, *
*the past and future are connected by this moment." Jamaal May, poet*