Re: Pet Policy for Cats in Co housing community
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 05:45:40 -0700 (PDT)
> On Apr 23, 2015, at 5:03 PM, MARION BROWN <merryoneb [at] me.com> wrote:

>   Many of us are feeling frustrated with the outdoor cat policy because the
> cats prey on our birds and poop in our gardens. I am curious as to how other
> communities have set up their cat policy and if you have had to re visit your
> pet policy.

We grandfathered the 5 outdoor cats we had when we (finally) passed a policy.
The policy states that no more outdoor cats will be allowed. There are people
in the neighborhood who teach people how to train outdoor cats to be indoor
cats, but most outdoor cat owners believe it is unthinkable to restrict their
cat's habitat. "They would die."

In addition to eating birds (although they also eat mice), the concerns about
outdoor cats were that they have shorter lives and they use neighbors' gardens
and the tot lot as toilets.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines