Re: Operating budget categories
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 21:34:59 -0700 (PDT)
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA
(24 households-- individuals cover all costs of their homes and pay all the
property taxes)
(mild climate= no snow removal, leaf raking)
Operating budget line items:
Agricultural: bee equipment, fertilizer/mulch, labor for perennials;
plants/trees
Common House Operations: electricity, phone, propane, trash, water/sewer,
housekeeping labor, maintenance and repair, supplies (soaps, TP, kitchen misc,
light bulbs, etc)
2 shares of Garden CSA for vegetables for Monday meals
Emergency Prep: supplies
Facilitation: training, retreat, supplies
Finance: assessment relief (up to 20% discount for those who need it), bank
fees, filing fees, tax, INSURANCE, postage and copies
Electronics: Internet and basic TV, supplies
Grounds: hired labor for heavy work, irrigation parts, maintenance and rental
of equipment, path lighting upkeep, plants, electricity for well pump
Kids: equipment and activities
Outreach: advertising and/or PR (incl donations to CohoUS and FIC)
Legal and professional help
Work party food.
Contingency line = 10% of total.
Plus we add to our Reserves each year. And reserves pay for items needing
replacement or major repair: hot water heater, chairs, etc.

Our annual assessment is about $1100 per household.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
watching full-blown spring, flowers everywhere, vegetables in the garden