Re: management services vs self-management at the building stage
From: Jerry McIntire (jerry.mcintiregmail.com)
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 05:53:21 -0700 (PDT)
Writing from a town of 5,000 people, where we are doing our own development
work, my sense is that the more urban and the larger the project, the more
helpful or necessary hiring a professional management team would be.

Here in rural Wisconsin where we have no zoning, no minimum house size, and
plenty of do-it-yourselfers, we purchased the land on our own and are
running the project ourselves. We will hire professionals: a permaculture
designer for our site plan, a master plumber for our sanitary systems, an
engineer to draw our plans, a real estate attorney, and an architect or
design/build team for our common house.

Where will you be in the Vancouver area?

Jerry

Jerry McIntire
Stone's Throw Ecovillage, in the heart of Wisconsin's beautiful Driftless
region
http://stonesthrowcommunity.wordpress.com/
1-608-637-6620