Cohousing Professionals [was management services vs self-management at the building stage
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 07:34:06 -0700 (PDT)
> On May 8, 2015, at 2:56 AM, Michael Mariano <mike [at] schemataworkshop.com>
> wrote:
>

> For forming communities in British Columbia please keep in mind that our
> architecture studio can be a resource and we're just south of the border down
> in Seattle, and regularly up north visiting friends and family. No big egos
> in our office, and we're happy to collaborate or consult in whatever capacity
> is in the best interest of your group.
>
> My partner, Grace Kim, will be presenting a session at the National
> Conference. Please say hello if you're from the Cascadia region and would
> like to connect.

Thank you for introducing yourself. I think it would be nice if other cohousing
professionals introduced themselves. Self-promotion is irritating but
introductions and explanations are helpful and (usually?) welcome.

For example, I’ve seen “Schemata Workshop” float by on the list without really
understanding that it was related to cohousing. I recognized "Grace Kim” but
not on the context of an architectural office with a focus on cohousing.

And professionals, please put your location in your signature line. I think
because we are posting online, it all seems close by, that it doesn’t matter
where we are. But knowing geographic location does help — give us at least a
state! And then explain the areas across which you work.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC