Re: Last resort dealing with very difficult member
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 09:35:12 -0700 (PDT)
I would also add to my response about teenagers displaying anti-social
behavior. It’s a story from one of our members who had raised a child with out
of emotional and behavior problems. She said she couldn’t have lived in
cohousing when he was a teenager because the situation is too unstructured and
uncontrolled. The openness of the CH, for example, presented too many
opportunities for abuse and theft. Unsupervised younger children. Unlocked
doors. DVDs that could be easily stolen and sold. A computer with internet
access.

Cohousing communities are not therapeutic communities. A healthy living and
growing environment isn’t enough for some people.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC

"Nothing exists without order. Nothing comes into existence without chaos."
Albert Einstein